Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring!!

Lately we had our little friend Ryleigh over for a couple days while her mommy worked. We had a blast and I got a small dose of what it will be like to have 2 precious munchkins running around here! I can hardly wait! Alex had a couple break downs having to share all his things... he seemed especially interested in the dolls and kitchen toys those days. Silly boy! Yeah.






So we played outside one day for a while, it was warm and windy when we went out and within a half an hour it was so cold i got the kids jackets and hats and mittens! But they had a blast out there letting their noses get runny! yuck!






We have been gardening around here alot lately and Alex enjoys digging in the dirt too, although we have had to ban him from the actual garden now since there are things planted in there! He loves "to help" these days! Especially in the kitchen and on daddy projects. He and Jerry were building some trellises for the garden, Alex was so serious about it! Adorable!!


It has been one of the nicest Aprils I can remember! The Tulips that we planted while we were waiting for Alex are blooming in full force and they are so beautiful. For those who do not know... there are 2 species of tulips that were discovered in Kazakhstan up in the Tien Shan Mountains. The Greigii and the Kaufmann types. I look for them in the stores every year... there are many different kinds of those 2 species even! Last fall I found them at Wal-Mart and Meijer. This last batch i planted were in honor of our wait for the new baby.




No comments: